The Philoptochos membership drive has started!
Join us so we can make a difference together!
- Download form here ---> Membership form
- Fill out and mail it to 7727 Davin Park Drive, Bakersfield, CA 93308
- You can make a donation via PayPal here ---> PayPal
Past and new members welcome!
Contact via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Philoptochos Officers (2019/2021):
The Greek Orthodox Ladies Philoptochos Society, Inc., is the duly accredited women's philanthropic society of the Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America. The mission of the Society shall be:
- To aid the poor, the destitute, the hungry, the aged, the sick, the unemployed, the orphaned, the imprisoned, the widowed, the handicapped, the victims of disasters, to undertake the burial of impoverished persons and to offer assistance to anyone who may need the help of the Church through fund raising efforts; and
- To promote the charitable, benevolent, and philanthropic purposes of the Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America, through instructional programs, presentations, lectures, seminars and other educational resources;
- To preserve and perpetuate Orthodox Christian concepts and the Orthodox Christian Family, and through them, to promote the Greek Orthodox Faith and traditions, in accordance with its doctrines, canons, discipline, divine worship, usages and customs;
- To promote participation in the activities of the Greek Orthodox community, with the cooperation of the Parish Priest and the Parish Council.
The charitable work of the Society shall be performed with discretion, courtesy and kindness.
- Vasilopita Collection to benefit St Basils Academy for Children in Need
- Kids-n-Cancer Program
- Holy Cross Seminary/Hellenic College
- St Nicholas Ranch and Retreat Center
- Life-Giving Spring Monastery
- Bishop Anthony Philoptochos Student Endowment Fund (BASAEF)
- Parishioners who are Home-Bound
- Bakersfield Homeless Center
- Pennies and Prayers Program to Support the Commission for Orthodox Missions and Evangelism (COME)
- Women’s Health and Wellness Program